Terms and Conditions for Services
1. The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their pet while it is under the care of My Dog Walker, or is using any other services provided by My Dog Walker, and agrees to indemnify My Dog Walker in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2. The Client agrees that, in admitting their pet for our care, My Dog Walker has relied on the Client’s representation that their pet is in good health, and that any dog has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
3. All pets will be subject to an initial assessment by My Dog Walker prior to using our services. My Dog Walker reserves the right to refuse care to any pet deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify My Dog Walker immediately if their dog has any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
5. My Dog Walker offer services where dogs mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
6. My Dog Walker will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent form’ has been signed, and this will remain at the discretion of My Dog Walker.
7. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment for any injuries or illness that their pet receives while under the care of My Dog Walker together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorises the staff of My Dog Walker to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of My Dog Walker may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their pet, or by agreement with the proprietor.
8. My Dog Walker reserves the right to refuse care of your pet if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations, or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
9. Bitches may not attend My Dog Walker services while in season or pregnant. My Dog Walker reserves the right to refuse care of any pet if this is the case.
10. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their pet is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify My Dog Walker immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their pet has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases, Feline calicivirus, feline herpes virus and Intestinal Parasites. My Dog Walker reserves the right to refuse care of any pet until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
11. The Client consents to their pet being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by My Dog Walker without prior approval. All such media remain the property of My Dog Walker.
12. The Client agrees that My Dog Walker is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items including leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their pet.
13. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by My Dog Walker to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
14. The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the pet for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
15. The Client agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify My Dog Walker in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
16. No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by My Dog Walker in writing.